Like Mariam's Creations on Facebook

Sunday, 29 November 2015

Tuesday Doll's Day

1. 3 different kinds of dolls from 3 special designers
When I started crocheting in 2014 I didn't want to crochet an amigurumi. What should I do with it? My children are at an age that they don't play with it any more. It seemed to be so difficult to make one. I could only crochet chains and double crochet. Crochet in rounds? Magic ring? It seemed terribly difficult to me. But I always looked up to the amigurumis from other members on the crochet groups on Facebook.
In December 2014 I finished my Bachelor "German language with a nice mark and I didn't get any routine. Until in April 2015 I wanted to go for it. Wouldn't it be nice to join a German crochet group? I could keep up with the German language because if I wouldn't do anything with it it dilutes quickly! At first search what crochet is in German. Okay, häkeln. Tick tick tick in the search bar of Facebook and the first group I encountered was called .. yes: Häkeln! In no time I was admitted and I showed my stuff.
During that period Mrs Emonessy's Duck was a hot item so as soon as you entered the German group you saw some ducks come by. One day I saw something special: a cat with a sign in front of his body with the words "Welcome". Wow !!! That was coool !!! The Cat with the Sign was made by some members of the Bettys-Simm Salabim group during a CAL. You could become a member, if you'd signed up. And so it happened that I suddenly crocheted amigurumis. But these were not just amis, no: these were very special: amis a function! The next CAL I joined was a Mothers'Day CAL. There wouldn't be said what it would become. Eventually it became a super cute bear with a picture frame.

I learned a whole lot during that : crochet names in German, but also how to crochet single crochet and that you need to follow the pattern accurately, because I didn't do that at that time (and I still sometimes don't, but anyway… ) and it had nothing to do with the German language. I crocheted half double crochet instead of single crochet, I used hook 5 (my favourite!) instead of hook 2 so my Teddy became huge!! But even though I used the wrong stitches and hook, the bear looked like a bear. I liked the bear soooo much that I made it twice again but this time with the correct hook and correct stitches.




(I you would like to crochet the bear yourself, than you can buy the patterns at crazypatterns.net soon, and than in German, English and Dutch).
One after the other CAL I did at Bettys-Simm-Salabim Gruppe, and in the meantime I crocheted my stuff until one day someone on the Dutch crochet group wrote in German that she didn't quite understand the pattern because it was written in the Dutch language. I wanted to help, but in the meantime I had learned that if you want something to translate from a designer you must ask for permission first. So I did and translated the pattern from Belly of Esther Emaar. I had so much fun in translating the pattern. It looked like a present: nicely manicured with beautiful pictures and backgrounds, nice font. Great value for money as it would have been a pattern  for sale. I didn't see myself make a Belly. It seemed to me again that it would be difficult and a lot of work to finish with the pieces of cloth. Two weeks ago, I started working on Belly because Belly is intended for one of the children of Villa Pardoes. Why? A copy from a piece of text from Villa Pardoes:
Thanks to the donations of sponsors (in cash or kind) 400 families annually experience with seriously ill child a wonderful week holiday at Villa Pardoes. We therefore look forward to the advent of cheerful crocheted Fantirumis that we can give to the child or perhaps as a birthday gift in the Villa or a bingo night. Since both boys and girls are of the age between 4 and 12 it would be nice to receive a lot different ones.
I've worked on Belly with a lot of fun. The pattern is crystal clear written and if you do everything step by step follows is not so difficult and too: not that much work! In two parts of the day and a chill pace Belly was ready. Even finishing the eyes are not that bad, there is almost nothing that can go wrong as long as you follow the pattern.



Belly is a free pattern from Esther Emaar. Free patterns from Esther Emaar are designed around a plastic (empty) egg, a surprise egg or an emte egg. All the information is available on the Facebookgroep Fantirumi's en more. Also how you can gather an Emté egg and accessories (www.houseofcreations.net). I would say: go to the Facebookgroup and sign in! You'll see a lot of wonderful creations, you'll know how to get such a nice pattern yourself  both for free as a pattern for sale (www.houseofcreations.net) and accessories (www.houseofcreations.net) and you will receive tips how to make a fantirumi or minirumi. Belly will go to Villa Pardoes this afternoon.
And than last but not least a piece of another very special doll: the amigurimi Bas from Ginia Mees. Ginia made five nice amis. They look like a character doll. I also translated a pattern in German for Ginia so that the German members could crochet. Bas was a CAL in the Facebook group from Ginia called: Amigurumi handmade by Ginia. I found it a real challenge to make Bas. But even more fun: to use my own inspiration on Bas. So I made a grandpa Bas.

The pattern was written very clear and if you follow the pattern step by step, nothing can go wrong. The CAL is finished but you still can crochet Bas. Send an e-mail message through Facebook to Ginia Mees for the pattern for sale. Until 1 December you can also attend to a contest. The contest price will be a pattern and material to make Abby.