Like Mariam's Creations on Facebook

Sunday, 29 November 2015

Granny Cardigan

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Fj8Fmg8h2Zg/Vij0NW0oHOI/AAAAAAAAASE/27GIzL5yoCw/s320/resultaat%2Bvest%2B4.jpg

Oh, I wanted to crochet a cardigan so badly! And every time I searched on Google for something to crochet I'd end up at the website of Lindevrouwsweb. As I did this time! I have to say, Joke’s blogging is so enthusiastic and nice that you want to get started right away. Her blog is my absolute favorite!! It's going to be a granny cardigan made out of  2 hexagons.


At first I needed some good advice from a friend on Facebook, because the hexagon was something new to me and I didn’t quite get it. After the explanation I started and crocheted and crocheted. I was addicted, how lovely all those different colours were!! I was so proud when I finished the cardigan. The opinions in my neighbourhood were divided and quite disappointed, I sold the cardigan. I went to buy Fenna wool and started crocheting again.
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-N2WSIY--o_w/Vij0NTRDbhI/AAAAAAAAASE/cmPDSiZvbvk/s320/grannyvest%2Bzomer.jpg


 


I didn’t succeed in getting the hexagon right and I was afraid that this wool wasn’t good enough either, so the work ended up in a box. Taking it out isn't fun so that will happen when I have inspiration (sometimes that takes a long time). One day I saw a bargain at Zeeman, red Ivy wool, to be crocheted on needle 6. I bought the last 12 balls of wool and started crocheting immediately. This time with success.


 


It would be a toss up because I didn’t know if I had enough wool. That was the case. It is great to have so many crochet groups on Facebook so I asked for some advice. Someone showed me her cardigan in white with black. I liked that so much I got to work. This is the result.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9qu6-LJ-XUE/Vij0NfrKEqI/AAAAAAAAASE/FC4m4PEsPJo/s320/resultaat%2Bvest%2B1.jpg


 


I may proudly say I can go to the office, can’t I?

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-wes7pgHfnB8/Vij0Nc-JpnI/AAAAAAAAASE/CHK0QMzL96Y/s320/resultaat%2Bvest%2B2.jpg


Another pose in my own way in the sun ....


https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4GbmuISRUXo/Vij0Nd6Xz0I/AAAAAAAAASE/NEDFIYwgyfg/s320/resultaat%2Bvest%2B3.jpg


I’m soooo happy with the cardigan!




 


Because of the fact that not everyone knows how to finish the cardigan, I will write the pattern during the next week. The long cardigan will be crocheted again, but just in one colour and I will write that pattern too. To be continued!!!!


 


Cheers, Mariam