Like Mariam's Creations on Facebook

Sunday, 29 November 2015

DIY: recycle your old pullover into a cat bed, a planter and an stuffed owl

DIY: recycle your old pullover into a cat bed, a planter and an stuffed owl
I love recycling very much and I had some pullovers left. I made a cat bed out of my old favorite pullover.



I experimented with using the sleeves of the pullover for the cans of the containerplants.











That was no succes because when you start cutting in the pullover, it starts fraying. It nearly worked with one can, but I will make a nice rim and make an application, this time no dog or cat.



I hang the rest of the pullovers the hook on the peg till nnother time.


A little later, the moment was there: I intended to to strengthen the red jersey with another fabric which is not so fray and I would se wit on with the zigzag stitch on the sewing machine. This is the first owl.










I had a little fabric left of the lining of my shopping bag (blog will follow), which became his belly.







After that I sow the front and the back. And because of the fact that I’m not so good in cutting circles, even forget about sewing those with the sewing machine I crocheted the eyes and the beak and the sewed it by hand. I finished the owl by crocheting a border and put it on top of the head.







Have you ever recycled your old favorite pullover? Let me know by a comment.


No comments:

Post a Comment